DUDE Redwood Sunglasses | smoke lenses
Dare to wear a reinterpreted 1970s take on the classic Pilot glasses (also known as Aviator), the most iconic glasses, originally developed in the 1930s for aviators, and characterized by their extra bar above the bridge.
eKodoKi’s DUDE name alludes to the Big Lebowski, the famous fictional movie character who wore thicker frame Pilot glasses. eKodoKi's DUDE is made from environmentally friendly FSC certified wood (FSC means the wood comes from trusted and protected forests).
Pilot/Aviator glasses are suitable for many face shapes, from heart-shaped to oval and square.
Don’t worry about wearing and using eKodoKi’s wooden sunglasses in any circumstances; they are sweat proof, splash proof and scratch proof. Their frames and arms are made of eco-friendly plywood manufactured from thin layers of veneer from various wood types and treated with an oil that doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
eKodoKI DUDE sunglasses won’t slide down easily; their all-wood frame and temples, as well as their lenses, are very light weight. Fold and unfold them repeatedly without the risk of breaking; their high-quality spring hinges allow temples to stretch back further.
All eKodoKi sunglasses come with UV400 certified polarized lenses. Such lenses ensure that you won't be bothered by annoying reflections such as sunlight on wet pavement. The colour contrast is higher with these lenses, so you see everything in natural colours – and are 100% protected against UV rays.
The function of smoke (grey) coloured lenses is that they reduce the brightness of the light without diluting the colours. All spatial colours are therefore preserved.
Frame key features:
- style: Pilot (Aviator)
- light-weight frame and temples, made of FSC-certified wood layers
- frame upper half and temples (outside): natural redwood
- frame lower half (outside): natural ebony
- inside (frame and temples): natural ebony
- wood treatment: oil – no harmful chemicals, no paint
- embedded nose pads, sculpted from additional plywood layers
- laser engraved eKodoKi logo on both temples
- stainless steel spring hinges
- bridge = 19 mm
- lens: height = 43 mm / width = 54 mm
- frame: height = 49 mm / overall width = 141 mm
- arms overall length = 142 mm
- weight = 25 g
Lenses key features:
- light-weight organic lens; anti-scratch coating
- UV400 certification, complying with EU standards
- polarised (special coating that increases visibility)
- lens tint: smoke (grey)
- travel tube made of bamboo, a natural and renewable material; laser engraved eKodoKi logo
- black fabric pouch with cord closure; two-tone printed eKodoKi logo
- light grey cleaning cloth; dark grey printed eKodoKi logo
- tube height = 164 mm / diameter = 65 mm
- pouch length = 180 mm / width = 85 mm
- cleaning cloth dimensions = 150 mm x 150 mm
- tube weight = 90 g
- corrugated cardboard / colour: craft
- custom sticker labels
- provided dry cloth for daily maintenance
- moist cloth for stains