SUNDAY Ebony Sunglasses | brown lenses
The retro look is and remains a thoroughly trendy fashion image. eKodoki's SUNDAY sunglasses combine the vintage round 1960s style with signature elements of the 1920s Pantos style, the trademark of the intellectual elite at the time. For example, you could often identify a professor, lawyer or doctor by what they wore on their nose. In the 1950s and 1960s there has been a Pantos revival and today it is has become indispensable for retro enthusiasts.
Johnny Depp is an avid wearer of this classic nostalgic glasses style – a style now very popular with women too. For an eco-friendly twist and an ode to the Pantos style, wear eKodoKi’s FSC certified wooden SUNDAY sunglasses (FSC guarantees the wood comes from trusted and protected forests), and give yourself a well-read, intelligent look.
The shape of the Pantos glasses adapts well to all face shapes, except round faces. This is mainly because a round face with round frames makes it look even rounder and fuller.
Don’t worry about wearing and using eKodoKi’s wooden sunglasses in any circumstances; they are sweat proof, splash proof and scratch proof. Their frames and arms are made of eco-friendly plywood manufactured from thin layers of veneer from various wood types and treated with an oil that doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
eKodoKI SUNDAY sunglasses won’t slide down easily; their all-wood frame and temples, as well as their lenses, are very light weight. Fold and unfold them repeatedly without the risk of breaking; their high quality spring hinges allow temples to stretch back further.
All eKodoKi sunglasses come with UV400 certified polarized lenses. Such lenses ensure that you won't be bothered by annoying reflections such as sunlight on wet pavement. The colour contrast is higher with these lenses, so you see everything in natural colours – and are 100% protected against UV rays.
Brown-coloured lenses provide clear, contrasting vision. They are the ideal lenses for driving since this colour suppresses the annoying glare of oncoming headlights, for example.
Frame key features:
- style: hybrid Round and Pantos
- light-weight frame and arms, made of FSC-certified plywood
- outside (frame and temples): natural ebony
- inside (frame and temples): natural redwood
- wood treatment: oil – no harmful chemicals, no paint
- embedded nose pads, sculpted from additional plywood layers
- laser engraved eKodoKi logo on both temples
- stainless steel spring hinges
- bridge = 24 mm
- lens: height = 43 mm / width = 48 mm
- frame: height = 50 mm / overall width = 141 mm
- arms overall length = 138 mm
- weight = 25 g
Lenses key features:
- light-weight organic lens; anti-scratch coating
- UV400 certification, complying with EU standards
- polarised (special coating that increases visibility)
- lens tint: brown
- travel tube made of bamboo, a natural and renewable material; laser engraved eKodoKi logo
- black fabric pouch with cord closure; two-tone printed eKodoKi logo
- light grey cleaning cloth; dark grey printed eKodoKi logo
- tube height = 164 mm / diameter = 65 mm
- pouch length = 180 mm / width = 85 mm
- cleaning cloth dimensions = 150 mm x 150 mm
- tube weight = 90 g
- corrugated cardboard / colour: craft
- custom sticker labels
- provided dry cloth for daily maintenance
- moist cloth for stains