COSMO Redwood Sunglasses | brown lenses
eKodoKi's COSMO sunglasses are Pantos style sunglasses, iconic for their keyhole-shaped nose bridge, a style initially worn only by upper class gentlemen in the 1920s, made of tortoise shell and later reappearing in the 1950s and 1960s, but is now a timeless vintage classic for both sexes. "Pantoscopic", etymologically, means "wide field of view" and refers to the all-round vision that one has with the rather large, round lenses.
For an eco-friendly twist on the quintessential Johnny Depp look, wear eKodoKi FSC certified wooden COSMO sunglasses (FSC means the wood comes from trusted and protected forests) and give yourself a well-read, intelligent look.
The shape of the Panto glasses adapts well to almost all face shapes, except for round faces. This is mainly because a round face with round frames makes it look even rounder and fuller.
Don’t worry about wearing and using eKodoKi’s wooden sunglasses in any circumstances; they are sweat proof, splash proof and scratch proof. Their frames and arms are made of eco-friendly plywood manufactured from thin layers of veneer from various wood types and treated with an oil that doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
eKodoKI COSMO sunglasses won’t slide down easily; their all-wood frame and temples, as well as their lenses, are very light weight. Fold and unfold them repeatedly without the risk of breaking; their high quality spring hinges allow temples to stretch back further.
All eKodoKi sunglasses come with UV400 certified polarized lenses. Such lenses ensure that you won't be bothered by annoying reflections such as sunlight on wet pavement. The colour contrast is higher with these lenses, so you see everything in natural colours – and are 100% protected against UV rays.
Brown-coloured lenses provide clear, contrasting vision. They are the ideal lenses for driving since this colour suppresses the annoying glare of oncoming headlights, for example.
Frame key features:
- style: Pantos
- light-weight frame and temples, made of FSC-certified wood layers
- outside (frame and temples): natural redwood
- inside (frame and temples): natural ebony
- wood treatment: oil – no harmful chemicals, no paint
- embedded nose pads, sculpted from additional plywood layers
- laser engraved eKodoKi logo on both temples
- stainless steel spring hinges
- bridge = 23 mm
- lens: height = 42 mm / width = 48 mm
- frame: height = 48 mm / overall width = 140 mm
- temples overall length = 142 mm
- weight = 25g
Lenses key features:
- light-weight organic lens; anti-scratch coating
- UV400 certification, complying with EU standards
- polarised (special coating that increases visibility)
- lens tint: brown
- travel tube made of bamboo, a natural and renewable material; laser engraved eKodoKi logo
- black fabric pouch with cord closure; two-tone printed eKodoKi logo
- light grey cleaning cloth; dark grey printed eKodoKi logo
- tube height = 164 mm / diameter = 65 mm
- pouch length = 180 mm / width = 85 mm
- cleaning cloth dimensions = 150 mm x 150 mm
- tube weight = 90 g
- corrugated cardboard / colour: craft
- custom sticker labels
- provided dry cloth for daily maintenance
- moist cloth for stains