eKodoKi FLY is a Bug-Eye inspired, slightly oversized pair of sunglasses with a light face-wrapping, curved, construction. Formerly worn by style icon Jackie Onassis to protect herself from the paparazzi, these wraparound sunglasses are now typically designed in a more rectangular and sporty shape for both men and women.
Our take is a timeless, more understated, interpretation made from environment-friendly FSC-certified wood (FSC means the wood comes from trusted and protected forests) for everyday use.
This model fits well all types of face shapes.
Don’t worry about wearing and using eKodoKi’s wooden sunglasses in any circumstances; they are sweat proof, splash proof and scratch proof. Their frames and arms are made of eco-friendly plywood manufactured from thin layers of veneer from various wood types and treated with an oil that doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
eKodoKI FLY sunglasses won’t slide down easily; their all-wood frame and temples, as well as their lenses, are very light weight. Fold and unfold them repeatedly without the risk of breaking; their high-quality spring hinges allow temples to stretch back further.
All eKodoKi sunglasses come with UV400 certified polarized lenses. Such lenses ensure that you won't be bothered by annoying reflections such as sunlight on wet pavement. The colour contrast is higher with these lenses, so you see everything in natural colours – and are 100% protected against UV rays.
The function of smoke (grey) coloured lenses is that they reduce the brightness of the light without diluting the colours. All spatial colours are therefore preserved.
Frame key features:
- style: hybrid Squareand Bug-Eye; slight Wraparound construction
- light-weight frame and arms, made of FSC-certified wood
- outer and inner wood layer: natural striped ebony
- middle wood layer detail: natural ebony
- wood treatment: oil – no harmful chemicals, no paint
- embedded nose pads, sculpted from additional plywood layers
- laser engraved eKodoKi logo on both temples
- stainless steel spring hinges
- bridge = 22 mm
- lens: height = 42 mm / width = 57 mm
- frame: height = 48 mm / overall width = 144 mm
- arms: overall length = 144 mm
- weight = 25 g
Lenses key features:
- light-weight organic lens; anti-scratch coating
- UV400 certification, complying with EU standards
- polarised (special coating that increases visibility)
- lens tint: smoke (grey)
travel tube made of bamboo, a natural and renewable material; laser engraved eKodoKi logo
black fabric pouch with cord closure; two-tone printed eKodoKi logo
light grey cleaning cloth; dark grey printed eKodoKi logo
- tube height = 164 mm / diameter = 65 mm
- pouch length = 180 mm / width = 85 mm
- cleaning cloth dimensions = 150 mm x 150 mm
- tube weight = 90 g
- corrugated cardboard / colour: craft
- custom sticker labels
- provided dry cloth for daily maintenance
- moist cloth for stains