If Wayfarer glasses were originally designed to move away from traditional metal frames in the 1950’s, eKodoKi is on a mission to move this iconic style away from its typical plastic execution.
Made from natural ebony, our EYE-Q version is a nod to the classic black originals, as famously worn by celebrities such as Roy Orbison and The Blues Brothers. Look smart with this EYE-Q, made from environmentally friendly FSC certified wood (FSC means the wood comes from trusted and protected forests).
Because such Wayfarer sunglasses are not too big and present a good mix between angular and round details, they suit almost every face shape. And with decorated hinge details, they strike the perfect balance for those with a narrower forehead.
Don’t worry about wearing and using eKodoKi’s wooden sunglasses in any circumstances; they are sweat proof, splash proof and scratch proof. Their frames and arms are made of eco-friendly plywood manufactured from thin layers of veneer from various wood types and treated with an oil that doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
eKodoKI EYE-Q sunglasses won’t slide down easily; their all-wood frame and temples, as well as their lenses, are very light weight. Fold and unfold them repeatedly without the risk of breaking; their high-quality spring hinges allow temples to stretch back further.
All eKodoKi sunglasses come with UV400 certified polarized lenses. Such lenses ensure that you won't be bothered by annoying reflections such as sunlight on wet pavement. The colour contrast is higher with these lenses, so you see everything in natural colours – and are 100% protected against UV rays.
The function of smoke (grey) coloured lenses is that they reduce the brightness of the light without diluting the colours. All spatial colours are therefore preserved.
Frame key features:
- style: Wayfarer
- light-weight frame and temples, made of FSC-certified natural ebony layers
- wood treatment: oil – no harmful chemicals, no paint
- embedded nose pads, sculpted from additional plywood layers
- laser engraved eKodoKi logo on both temples
- stainless steel spring hinges
- bridge = 22 mm
- lens: height = 42 mm / width = 52 mm
- frame: height = 48 mm / overall width = 140 mm
- arms overall length = 140 mm
- weight = 25 g
Lenses key features:
- light-weight organic lens; anti-scratch coating
- UV400 certification, complying with EU standards
- polarised (special coating that increases visibility)
- lens tint: smoke (grey)
travel tube made of bamboo, a natural and renewable material; laser engraved eKodoKi logo
black fabric pouch with cord closure; two-tone printed eKodoKi logo
light grey cleaning cloth; dark grey printed eKodoKi logo
- tube height = 164 mm / diameter = 65 mm
- pouch length = 180 mm / width = 85 mm
- cleaning cloth dimensions = 150 mm x 150 mm
- tube weight = 90 g
- corrugated cardboard / colour: craft
- custom sticker labels
- provided dry cloth for daily maintenance
- moist cloth for stains